At the Offshore Technology Conference (OTC), we understand that privacy is important.
Types of information we may gather
OTC collects information such as your address, telephone number(s), and other contact, demographic, and billing information only by voluntary disclosure directly from you, as an attendee or as an exhibitor. OTC databases contain information on all customers, including authors, exhibitors and advertisers, for the purpose of conducting official OTC business.
Examples of ways we collect your information
Information can be collected on an order form, an event registration form, or in another manner when information is requested or products and services purchased from OTC. OTC collects contact information (address, phone number, etc.), payment information (an account or credit card number) and other information. This information is used to fulfill orders and to contact the customer as necessary.
OTC’s websites automatically records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer accessing the site as well as the time and date of access. This information does not identify you personally, nor does it contain your name or email address. OTC uses this information solely for the purpose of diagnosing problems with the OTC server and to administer the website.
OTC uses internet cookies to deliver content that is specific to your interests and to keep track of your preferences. When your browser accesses the site, OTC’s server checks your browser settings to see if it is permissible to store this identification information on your computer. The cookies set by OTC do not personally identify you; they simply permit OTC’s websites to know what your preferences are. Cookies are also used to help determine how many unique users access pages on the website and may direct specific advertising content to you on selected pages.
How we use your information
The information OTC collects is intended to allow OTC to communicate with you, process your transaction effectively and efficiently and plan future programs and services to better serve you. OTC collects electronic information solely for the purpose of diagnosing problems with the OTC server and to administer the website.
Members and customers may elect to have OTC not use their email address for OTC communications; however, an email address is required for the completion of certain transactions. Even when OTC customers request that OTC restrict use of their personal information, OTC may still use this information to contact you in connection with recent transactions.
If you choose to restrict use of your information, you may not receive certain communications from OTC that may be of interest to you. Because of the nature of computer data storage, any information that you restrict will remain stored but will not be accessed in the normal course of business. OTC will comply with any court orders that may be received requiring us to disclose information from our database, regardless of whether you have requested that the information be restricted.
How we disclose your information
From time to time, OTC will permit companies, who, in OTC’s estimation, have something of value to offer to OTC customers to rent mailing lists. However, OTC does not make available the email addresses of OTC customers for non-OTC business. Customers may choose to restrict use or disclosure of their name, address, or telephone number on mailing lists that may be rented to others.
OTC collects payment information (such as a credit card number) for the purpose of completing transactions. OTC does not disclose credit card or other financial information to any other individual or organization.
How to access and maintain your information we collect
OTC uses industry-standard measures to protect your submission of credit card information to OTC. OTC uses a secure server and encrypted data transmission using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Technology. SSL Technology encrypts the transmitted information to make it very difficult for anyone other than OTC to decode the information. OTC’s implementation of SSL is authenticated by VeriSign.
You can verify that you are in a secure-transmission portion of OTC’s website (or our registration and exhibitor websites) in one of two ways:
- Look for an unbroken key symbol or lock symbol at the bottom status bar of your browser. This shows that you are in a secured mode.
- Look at the URL address in your browser window. When in secured mode, the address changes from http to "https."
ASP provides and hosts this website for the Offshore Technology Conference.
When accessing material through an OTC website, you will:
- Acknowledge that OTC owns the copyright for or has permission to use all materials displayed on this site. You are authorized to read and use this information for your personal use. You are not authorized to share the materials on an OTC website with others by copying or sending it to them. The materials displayed on OTC websites are protected under U.S. copyright law. You agree that if you choose to use OTC communications tools, you give OTC full and unrestricted permission to use and republish any materials that you post to OTC-owned sites in any way OTC deems fit, without compensation to you.
- Understand that you may not post anything to an OTC online community that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, or offensive. You may not use any OTC communication tool to promote any commercial venture, including mass email solicitations ("spamming") of any nature. You understand that if OTC, at its sole discretion, believes you are abusing the use of these tools in any manner, OTC will delete your postings and may terminate without notice or liability your right to access the site.
- Understand that THE CONTENTS OF ANY OTC WEBSITE, ITS ONLINE COMMUNITIES AND SUBSIDIARY SITES AND YOUR ABILITY TO ACCESS THESE SITES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." OTC DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT ANY FILES THAT YOU DOWNLOAD FROM ITS SITES ARE VIRUS FREE. You are encouraged to use virus-checking software. OTCnet.org and other OTC websites includes links to sites maintained by others. OTC has no responsibility for the contents on linked sites.
Links to OTCBrasil.org from non-OTC websites
OTC welcomes links from websites of other industry-related organizations with the following conditions:
Links to www.otcbrasil.org
- Links to the OTC home page are acceptable without notification to OTC
- Links to the OTC home page may not be included on the home page of any non-OTC website without written permission from OTC
- No commercially oriented text or graphics may be associated with the link to www.otcbrasil.org
- Links may not imply any OTC endorsement or sponsorship of the entity providing the link or any of the entity's products or services
- Links must be in a clearly identified "links" area of the non-OTC website (where other organizations' websites are also linked)
- Links may use a hypertext saying "Offshore Technology Conference". Only entities who have a formal relationship with OTC are allowed to use the OTC logo on a non-OTC website (including but not limited to OTC official contractors, exhibitors and sponsors)
- Links to www.otcbrasil.org should open in a new browser window
Links to content on www.otcbrasil.org
- Links to publicly available content on www.otcbrasil.org are acceptable without notification to OTC
- Links to any content that requires a login for access are not allowed
- Links to any www.otcbrasil.org content may not be used to imply OTC endorsement or sponsorship of the entity providing the link or any of the entity's products or services
- Hypertext links to content on www.otcbrasil.org must clearly identify the content of the link, preferably with identification of OTC or Offshore Technology Conference as part of the link text
- Content on www.otcbrasil.org may not be enclosed in frames; it is preferable that links to OTC content open in a new browser window
Content on pages within www.otcbrasil.org and URLs to content on www.otcbrasil.org may change at any time. Any links to content within www.otcbrasil.org should be reviewed regularly to assure that the links are still active and point to the intended content
The following description of OTC and its purpose may be useful to organizations seeking to include a description with a link to OTC. Use of this description is not required for linking to www.otcbrasil.org.
ABOUT OFFSHORE TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE
The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) is where energy professionals meet to exchange ideas and opinions to advance scientific and technical knowledge for offshore resources and environmental matters. Founded in 1969, OTC’s flagship conference is held annually in Houston. OTC has expanded technically and globally with the Arctic Technology Conference, OTC Brasil and OTC Asia. For more information, visit www.otcbrasil.org.
Links to Non-OTC websites from www.otcbrasil.org
OTC generally does not engage in reciprocal linking (i.e., trading links), and requests for reciprocal linking will be ignored. If you would like to request a link to your site from www.otcbrasil.org, please review our existing links and provide an explanation of how your site is consistent with the existing links and why it should be added. Links on www.otcbrasil.org will not include any commercially oriented text or graphics with the exception of sponsors of OTC events and paid advertising. (For information about advertising on www.otcbrasil.org, contact OTC Sales.)
Links to other sites are added at the discretion of OTC, and OTC reserves the right to remove links to any other websites at any time. Objections to any links on OTCnet.org or any of its subsidiary sites are to be directed to OTC marketing.
- Agree, as a condition of being granted the right to access and use www.otcbrasil.org and its subsidiary sites that OTC is not liable to you for anything that happens as a result of your use of information from www.otcbrasil.org or subsidiary sites.
- Acknowledge that materials posted to an online community are the intellectual property of the author and agree not to reuse any of this information without the express permission of the author or copyright holder.
Transfer of information abroad
OTC operates through various local legal entities. When you provide information through this website, you will be providing it to OTC as a whole, and should be aware that it may be accessed from countries whose laws provide various levels of protection for personal data, not always equivalent to the level of protection that may be provide in your own country.
Last Updated: June 2015